Wednesday, July 19, 2006

You know what's crappy?





Comment moderation on crappy little blogs that don't get any visitors. I say this because playing around on Technorati tonight, I run across all these blogs that I'd like to leave my thoughts on and be instantly rewarded by seeing my comment posted immediately (I have no patience, it's true), only to find out that the comment doesn't post immediately but rather has to be approved of by the blogger. If you're a medium sized blog regularly targeted by playa-hatin' enemies looking to flame you with foul language, okay I can understand that. But some podunk little blog that's visited by the blogger himself, and maybe his mom, dad and grandma? Is it that hard to keep up with the 1 comment once in a blue moon that's posted to your blog by someone you don't know? I don't think so. But hey, it ain't my blog.

Rant over!

5 comments:

adam said...

I know, what kind of jerk would moderate comments?

Alexander Wolfe said...

By the way, I'm not accusing or nothing, but it seems to be mostly conservative blogs that do that. I just don't know why it's so hard to just keep an eye on your comments, and delete the stray liberal or serial killer who makes the mistake of commenting on your blog.

Nat-Wu said...

It's that authoritarian streak we discussed.

Alexander Wolfe said...

Is it also that "asshole" streak that we discussed?

Nat-Wu said...

Yeah, probably.