Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Worf might be bad at his job

Like many half-hearted Trekkies I've been enjoying this final season of Picard (and half-heartedly enjoying season one of Strange New Worlds), but also like many half-hearted Trekkies I've largely forgotten specific events that happened in episodes of prior shows from twenty or thirty years ago. So there can be a lot of Googling mid-show, and in one of those searches I came across a short clip that I swear was described as something like "Worf failing to secure the bridge" which features clips of, well, Worf failing to secure the bridge from pretty much everything. I've failed at trying to find that specific clip, but I did come across two similar videos which made me laugh. The first is mostly Worf getting his ass handed to him repeatedly, and it sort of naturally leads into the second which features many clips of Worf's various suggested courses of action being summarily and curtly dismissed by his crewmates. Now I will say that Worf was probably right in quite a few of these instances and the dismissal of his advice probably had significant negative consequences, and Federation crews getting their bridges taken over appears to happen with distressing regularity, so if you have an anti-Worf agenda I'm not sure these videos are quite as compelling evidence as they appear it first. I leave it to you to judge, dear reader.

0 comments: