Friday, December 11, 2009

Western Burger Emergency

Why does this ever happen more than once?




Woman Calls Cops on Burger King sound bite


The St. Louis Riverfront Times reports that a woman in Laguna Niguel, Calif., called 911 complaining that the staff at the local Burger King would not make her a "Western barbecue burger."

"They keep giving me a hamburger with lettuce, tomato, cheese and onions. .... I said, 'I'm not leaving. I want a Western burger.' I just got my kids from Tae Kwon Do, they're hungry."

The 911 dispatcher responded, saying, "OK, so what exactly is it you want us to do for you?" To which the woman said, "Send an officer down here."

The dispatcher said she wouldn't send an officer and that she needed to speak with the manager to figure out how to deal with it. "This is not a criminal issue," she said.

"But you're supposed to protect me," the caller said.

"What are we protecting you from, a wrong cheeseburger?" the dispatcher countered.

Yes, godammit! What does this lady think we're fighting all those terrorists for, if not so emergency workers can't save us from wrongly-prepared fast food orders?

(In case you've forgotten the earlier installment, I present "Shrimp Emergency.")

(via Liberally Lean)

2 comments:

Nat-Wu said...

Oh my god, why do people this dumb exist?

Alexander Wolfe said...

At this point we have start asking why there is apparently so many of them.